Aug 27, 2011, 11:46 AM EDT
The Phillies and Marlins are currently slated for a 1PM start down at Citizens Bank Park. There’s rain in the forecast all day though, and the evening game has already been postponed, along with tomorrow’s everything. If the heavy rain can manage to hold off until after 4ish, a battened down Delaware Valley would probably appreciate an erasure of last night’s slamming loss.
If the game is played, Roy Halladay is set to face Anibal Sanchez, a righty we’re all plenty familiar with by now. Something (countless weather-related tweets?) tells me that baseball today is a long shot.
Update: At approximately 1:17 p.m., public address announcer Dan Baker informed those brave souls at Citizens Bank Park that the game has been cancelled.
Talk is now moving toward how to fit in these games with the Marlins before the end of the season, what to do with the order of the Phillies rotation, and how the Phillies will even get to Cincinnati for their upcoming series with the Reds.
Missanelli and Clark have joined T-Mac and Wheels from the Sugar House Casino for what they’re calling “The Phillies No-Game Show.” Speaking of hunkering down, prepare yourself for an afternoon of improvised cancellation coverage.
With now zero Philadelphia sports on the agenda for this weekend, we’ll be posting some random goods in the hope of entertaining you before the power goes out and the world ends. Stay tuned and we’ll try to have some fun. –Nick
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money