Sep 18, 2012, 5:56 PM EDT
Given the way “they” — the weather people — have been discussing this storm, it’s of little surprise that the Phillies and Mets game has been postponed.
The contest has been moved to Thursday night, when the Phillies were scheduled to have an off day before kicking off a three-gamer with Atlanta on Friday night.
Tyler Cloyd, who was scheduled to go tonight, will reportedly make his start during the makeup game instead. Cole Hamels, meanwhile, is still scheduled for tomorrow night.
With the Phils off, part-time scoreboard turns to full-time scoreboard watching. The Nats and Dodgers are also rained out, but the Cardinals play the Astros, while the Pirates meet the Brewers. The latter two teams are 2.5 back of the second wild-card spot and a game ahead of the Phils as they prep for a very important three-game set.
So keep the phone charged in case a falling tree branch knocks out your power. Just sayin.
|Howie on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money