Sep 12, 2012, 9:03 PM EDT
It was a heck of a day for Young James.
After the Phillies were being absolutely stifled by Josh Johnson (and the sun, let’s be honest), Jimmy Rollins finally broke up his no-hit bid in the sixth inning, would go on to score the tying run later in the inning, and gave the Phillies their seventh straight win with a home run on a rope in the seventh
Just when you think Cliff Lee is going to get another no-decision, Jimmy goes and does something like that. You sonofabitch, Jimmy!
Props to Cliff Lee, Phillippe Aumont, and Jonathan Papelbon for pitching a real solid game.
To add another cherry to the Phillies fantastic perfect 7-game homestand, the San Diego Padres defeated the St. Louis Cardinals 3-2 on Wednesday night.
That means the Phillies are currently 3 games out of the final wild card spot with 19 games left to play.
This is real.
Charlie Manuel was asked after the game if he thought they were now in the race for the final spot.
“Yeah, we in it. I say we dead in it. We’re in it pretty good.”
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money