Jul 5, 2011, 12:34 PM EDT
Shane Victorino left the team to head back to Philadelphia to see hand specialist Randall Culp, according to Phillies beat writer Todd Zolecki. He’s expected to return to Florida on Wednesday to rejoin the club. Vic hurt his thumb when doing something that resembled attempting to catch a baseball in Toronto on Sunday. It was not pretty.
His teammates used the faceplant moment to have some fun, using tape to mimic a crime scene chalk outline of Victorino’s body.
In a series of other personnel moves, the Phils have sent down Vance Worley to Lehigh Valley and recalled John Mayberry Jr who could see action in center tonight.
Why would the Phils send down Worley after two stellar outings? Well it’s not meant as a demotion per se, but rather a chance to keep Worley in a groove. With the All-Star break next week and Cole Hamels being moved up, the Phils wanted to keep Vance stretched out and on his normal routine for when the team resumes play.
[Vic screen grabs via TheFightins]
|Mostel on Cole Hamels gives the most Col…|
|Sid on The five best/worst tweets abo…|
|E-money on The Secret Service once threat…|
|rich on Jason Akeson doesn’t deserve t…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money