Jun 29, 2013, 11:44 AM EDT
The Phillies offense exploded in Los Angeles on Friday night to hand the Dodgers their worse home loss ever out in California and worst in franchise history at home since way back in 1947 when they played in Brooklyn.
The final score was 16-1 good guys.
We suggest you watch the very-enjoyable-for-once highlights.
Also, look for infielder Skip Schumaker pitching at the end of the game and apologizing to the batter for almost drilling him in the head.
With the Fightins’ putting up a 16 spot, it’s safe to say everybody contributed, but Delmon Young had the most stat-padding night with an impressive 6 RBI effort. Delmon also showed off a bit of defense when he nailed Scott Van Slyke on a rope from right field. We didn’t know you had it in you, Delmo. [video]
It was a great night for the Phillies:
“We had a real good night,” Manuel said. “That tells you we can score and get hits. We needed a game like this. Hopefully it carries over.”
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money