Jan 31, 2012, 1:24 PM EDT
He didn’t go by the rap name “Jewelz” for nothing.
Allen Iverson has been ordered to fork over boatloads of money that he owes to a jeweler. The Sporting News has the details, “A Georgia judge commandeered the bank account of former NBA star
Allen Iverson in order to pay out a substantial debt for an unpaid
jewelry bill in a summary judgement on Monday”
“The judge will garnish Iverson’s earnings to allow Aydin and Company
Jewelers to collect $859,896.46 for the jewelry bill, court costs,
interest and attorney fees, according to a TMZ.com report.”
I know what you’re saying, $859,896.46 is a crazy amount of money to spend on jewelry. What the hell could he have bought for that much?
Unfortunately, A.I. was unavailable for comment.
In the end, the judge apparently gave the jewelry peeps access to A.I.’s Wells Fargo bank account. That must be a fascinating thing to see.
We hate seeing guys who were once masters of their domain fall into financial hardship. It never seems to be a positive thing when A.I.’s name pops up in the news these days.
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|red2gold on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return