May 10, 2011, 4:37 PM EDT
We noted this morning that Andre Iguodala was honored with an NBA All-Defensive Second Team pick. It was a much deserved accolade for the Sixers stud shutdown man.
‘Dre doesn’t always get the credit he may deserve in this town or around the league. Our pal John Finger takes a deeper look at what Andre Iguodala is about, both on and off the court, coming to the conclusion that he’s a different kind of athlete in the sense that he’ll actually give you open and honest answers, if not always the ones you’d hope to hear as a Sixers fans.
It touches on Iguodala’s end-of-season quotes about whether or not he wants to be back in Philadelphia, leaving you perplexed as ever about what the “McNabbian” passive-aggressiveness is trying to hint at. It also touches on Andre’s evolving relationship with Evan Turner. One of the more honest looks at team dynamics as you’ll get in professional sports.
Andre Iguodala may never win you games by himself like the beloved marquee A.I. he played alongside for all those years, and that may never fully endear him to Sixers fans. Is that fair to Andre the man? Probably not, as he’s one interesting — or “evolved” as Finger puts it — cat. Fans aren’t always logical in their fandom. Not needing to be logical is part of the fun.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money