Sep 26, 2012, 1:18 PM EST
The Sixers introduced their newest guard-forward on Tuesday at the Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine and the sound bite that caught the most fire on the Internet and sports radio airwaves was his declaration that his new teammate, Andrew Bynum, is the best center in the NBA.
Yes, better even than former Orlando Magic and current Los Angeles Lakers star Dwight Howard.
“He’s going to need two defenders to stop him; I would say he’s the
best big man in the NBA right now, hands down,” Wright, speaking at
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, said. “He’s a guy that
can give you baskets with his back to the basket; a guy who makes free
throws at 7-feet. You’ve just got to respect him.”
At that point I interjected, asking him if he calls Bynum the best
big man in the league because they are now on the same team. Or could it
be because Howard is on the mend from back surgery?
“No way, I’d say it any day. It’s because I know he can put his back
to the basket and give us a basket and request a double team and make
free throws,” Wright continued. “It’s his all-around game. Hopefully he
can stay healthy and we can ride, he can put us on his back and he can
take us as far as we can go.”
I’m not necessarily sure I’d agree with Mr. Wright’s assessment just yet, but boy am I hoping it turns out to be a reality.
Regardless, one thing seems to be true: the sky is the limit for Andrew Bynum in Philadelphia and shooting for the title of best center in the NBA remains a realistic goal.
Atlantic City ballin’ is just weeks away. Get excited.
|Matt P. on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|The Evster on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Z on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
|Corey on The Evster reviews Wawa’…|
- We Found This 20-Year-Old T-Shirt In Kenya. The Internet Found The Original Owner : Planet Money : NPR
- Prior to a doctor’s intervention, Dwight Howard was eating ‘the equivalent of 24 Hershey bars a day’ via candy and soda | Ball Don't Lie - Yahoo Sports
- To Roy Halladay, With Gratitude - The Triangle Blog - Grantland
- Roy Halladay Opens the 2010 Phillies Playoff Run With a NO-HITTER!! | The700Level
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return
- Video: Hunter Pence's youth baseball instructional video is everything you imagined and more
- Your newest Sixer, Rodney Williams, once threw down pretty hard at the Gola
- Video: Drexel frat dude says f*** 23 times in intramural pregame speech for the ages