Jul 21, 2011, 3:17 PM EDT
Our man AU, writing for The Basketball Jones, has put together one of the best posts we’ve ever read that combines basketball and HBO’s “The Wire”, perhaps my favorite television show ever.
First, he goes through the top 8 hoops moments from the show (complete with an Elton Brand mention!) but honestly that just seems like an exercise to go through in order to come up with the money part: the top 8 hoops moments they should have had on the Wire.
Thomas “Herc” Hauk and Ellis Carver debate whether or not Baltimore
ever had a professional NBA team. Carver insists that the Wizards used
to play in Baltimore. “You’re just confusing them with the Washington
Bullets,” explains Herc. “See, the Wizards used to be called the
Bullets. But they still played in Washington.” Carver looks back at
him, dumbfounded. “Of all the retarded fucking arguments I’ve gotten
into with you over the years, this has got to be the stupidest,” he
states. Herc shrugs and walks away, confident in his historical
Fantastic. Go read it all.
Only thing missing is a scene on the docks in which Horseface makes some dumb bet that Ziggy can’t dunk on the hoop behind office/shed. In an attempt to show how badass he is, Ziggy attempts to throw one down, only to slip and fall into the harbor.
|Reneecel on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money