Sep 26, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
The Battle for I-95 went down on Sunday night at the Palestra on Penn’s campus and in many ways it was just like an NBA game. For instance, Lou Williams was gunning three balls from 30+ feet out left and right, defense was at a minimum, the refs weren’t very good, and LeBron James was complaining about them all night.
Led by solid efforts from Tyreke Evans, Lou Williams, Kyle Lowry, and Hakim Warrick, the Team Philly squad defeated Carmelo Anthony and LeBron James’ team in a decently entertaining basketball game. It looked to me like the refs that were calling the game maaaay have had a Philly bias of some sort.
There were plenty of alley-oops that got the crowd going, including one stretch of three straight in about a 15 second span which you can watch below. [video below]
Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson showed up at halftime and sat courtside, yapping it up with Lou Will and LeBron.
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|meankoalas on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|docdeath20 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return