Jul 16, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
Chris Webber was mostly forgettable as a Sixers player. Philadelphians never embraced him because living up to his salary was never, ever going to happen at that late stage of his career. As an announcer/commentator, C-Webb has been likable at times.
Dime Magazine captured this clip of C-Webb calling a Rockets-Wizards Summer League game over the weekend and stumbling into a rather humorous error while attempting to make an Anchorman reference. [video below]
“I’ll just be over here quiet for the next 5:28,” is a solid way to run and hide though.
Chris Webber: a couple notches above Eric Snow but leaps behind Malik Rose in former Philly ballers turned commentators.
I was going to go with “Chris Webber has Ron Jeremy on his tongue” as an alternate title but that just seemed so, so wrong.
|BenE. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|MikeD on The Secret Service once threat…|
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money