Mar 1, 2012, 3:13 AM EDT
Another game lost in the final minutes with story lines we’re all too familiar with around this Sixers team. Solid effort and real nice defense couldn’t overcome the awful rebounding and inability to hit shots in the fourth quarter when they mattered most.
It’s easy to point at the final plays of the game, and that would ignore the first 46 minutes of solid play, but we’re going to do it anyway. First, the inbound play to Lou Williams who was double teamed and failed to get a shot off; Coach Collins basically put the blame on his shoulders once again, noting he tried everything he could to get his team a bucket and he simply failed them there. The frustration was evident.
And then there was the offensive rebound by Russell Westbrook on Kevin Durant’s missed free throw that basically was the final nail in the coffin. While Westbrook is about as beastly a player as the NBA has to offer, Andre Iguodala simply can’t allow that to happen. An exclamation point on the fact that the Sixers allowed OKC wayyyyy too many offensive boards and second and third-chance points.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return