Nov 28, 2012, 1:52 PM EDT
That’s it. Old Spice wins the internet for the rest of the year. Or at least until the end of the world … whichever comes first.
Old Spice has launched the online game, “Dikembe Mutombo’s 4 1/2 Weeks to Save the World,” offering this description, as narrated by Dikembe himself, in its introduction:
“A kabillion some odd years ago-ish, the Mayans predicted the world will end on December 21, 2012, which is a terrible idea since we as humans have not even invented a self-combing hair yet.
“Someone had to defend our planet and prevent this from happening. And that defender had to be me: Dikembe Mutumbo.
“For 4 1/2 weeks, I will courageously battle to save our world and, with your help, carve additional time into the Mayan calendar to buy us more time on the earth. That’s why this game is called: “Dikembe Mutombo’s 4 1/2 Weeks to Save the World.”
For audio of that narration and the game’s theme song, listen below (Of particular note is when he starts playing a flute-like instrument at the 1:10 mark. He’s supporting that flute with his third hand in the picture above while holding two doves in his left and right hands):
Each week leading up to Dec. 21, a new playable level is unlocked, through which you and Mutumbo can help save the world.
Week 1 features Dikembe’s attempt to save us from a new South Korean dance craze, which according to the talking bear featured below, “…is well past its natural social buzz shelf life.” If Dikembe cannot save us, the bear forewarns, “It will be the end of the world.” Why Dikembe is holding a duck goes unexplained.
The bear, by the way, is named “Science the Bear,” and when Dikembe asks him if he’s right about the near-imminent apocalypse, he responds that he’s “hyper-intelligent bear with a keen fashion sense and firm grasp of the English langauge,” so, “of course, [he's] right.”
Good enough for us.
Week 2 features Thanksgiving with Science and “random turkey.”
Basically, stop wasting time and go waste some time by heading immediately over to OldSpiceSavesTheWorld.com to play through Weeks 1 and 2 with Dikembe and Science … the bear.
UPDATE: Uh, we just realized we can actually embed the game. Play it here:
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return