May 11, 2011, 8:46 AM EDT
Evan Turner, like most of the players on our beloved Sixers these past few years, is not going to be mistaken by anyone for a tough guy. Not that he’s not tough—hey, you try coming back from a broken back after only a couple weeks when you’re in college—but his rep in this world as a stoic, hardened, grown-ass male is just not one of particular import to our boy E.T. And the undeniable evidence of this comes, no doubt, via the man’s always-enlightening Twitter feed.
thekidet, as he is known on the ‘nets, has tweeted up a storm all season about whatever subject is of concern to him at that point in time, ranging from what movie he’s watching to what airport he’s flying out of him to whose birthday among his followers he’s celebrating. But it wasn’t until last night that he finally sounded off on the most important subject of all, the debate that has enraptured man and the internet since the beginning of time, and the question that most Hard NBA players would stay dutifully silent about, even as their heart and soul screamed for them to weigh in: Backstreet Boys or N Sync?
For us here at the 700 Level, we acknowledge the grey areas present in these matters—N Sync probably had a more consistently strong catalogue, while BSB gets points for coming first and having the best song of that era (“I Want it That Way”). Meanwhile, Nirvana was unquestionably the more iconic of the two bands, and their final two albums were probably better than any in the Pearl Jam catalogue front to back, but Pearl Jam has remained one of the country’s greatest rock bands for the better part of two decades and has amassed a stunning collection of hits that Nirvana will never have the opportunity to match.
The important thing, of course, is that we are talking about these things at all. And for that, we owe Evan Turner and Spencer Hawes a thank you.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return