Apr 20, 2011, 2:09 PM EDT
Wouldn’t you just know it? The Heat win game one of their first-round series against the Sixers, and they’re still the ones who have to get defensive in the post-game press conferences. After their 97-89 victory—which saw them comeback from a 12-point deficit after the first quarter, but which also saw them squander a 16-point lead to near nothing in the final minutes—it’s the Heat who’ve had to talk about making adjustments. The series scorecard still reads 1-0 Miami, but you can fairly well bet that it’s not Philly, who many pundits have had getting swept from the get, who will be feeling the pressure when the two teams meet for Game Two in Miami tonight.
Undoubtedly, the Sixers will have to make some adjustments of their own, including switching up defenses on LeBron (who claims to have studied ‘Dre’s defense on him from game one well enough to be able to beat up on him this time out), throwing different bodies (or just any bodies at all) at Bosh, who shredded the Sixers for 25 on Saturday, and attacking the two-three zone defense the Heat started going to as Game One went on, an alignment that has screwed up the Sixers all season. Personally, I’d like to see more of Evan Turner, who played good defense on LeBron in limited minutes over the weekend, and is one of the better Sixers at attacking certain spots on the court, potentially making him a key cog against the zone.
7:05 tip from the American Airlines Arena. “We did a great job of keeping the ‘Big Three’ down,” said Thaddeus Young after the team’s game one near-miss. “We take away a lot (from this game).” Indeed we do, but the question remains—can we take a win away at some point?
|Stan on ‘Iverson’ document…|
|Jason R. on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money