Dec 13, 2012, 2:27 AM EDT
Because it might, you know, come back and bite you in the ass at some point. Among other reasons.
Let’s see: 1.) It’s just unsportsmanlike and disrespectful 2.) It’s just stupid and 3.) That player may use it as motivation for when he comes back to Philadelphia to kick our asses.
Enter Joakim Noah.
He displayed some nasty finger guns on Wednesday night, likely directed at the Philly crowd, after hitting huge big buckets to help his team earn the ‘W.’
You may recall the first round of the playoffs last year when Noah went down with an ankle injury that ended his season. I remember sitting in the Wells Fargo Center and cringing when a good portion of the crowd cheered as he lay on the court in pain. It was not Philly fan’s proudest moment.
Turns out, Noah had it on his mind when he helped play his familiar role as Sixers killer on Wednesday night.
From CSNChicago’s Aggrey Sam:
“Yes, no question,” he answered, when asked if he had May on his mind
coming into this game, a 96-89 Bulls win, in which he contributed a
team-high 21 points, along with seven rebounds, five assists and three
“I’ve been thinking about it all summer. All
summer. I just couldn’t wait to come back here. I just felt like when I
went down last year, just people cheering and stuff. I just felt like
that was a little disrespectful and it was definitely motivating for me
to work even harder in the summer.
Noah’s turned into one of the biggest pests on the hardwood for the Sixers. He finished last night with 21 points on 7-10 shooting with 5 boards, 5 assists, 3 blocks, and a steal.
The Sixers kept it close and were in it until the final minutes when they made a couple of costly turnovers, namely Jrue Holiday trying to do a little too much and simply attempting to force too much.
For more on Doug Collins’ disappointment and the Sixers showing fatigue, check out John Finger’s full recap.
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
|kirk on Video proof that Wayne Simmond…|
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return