Jun 21, 2011, 12:45 PM EDT
The NBA draft is only days away. Most fans seem to believe the Sixers need a talented big man to compliment their young, athletic core. But how about the players on the team? What do they think this team needs?
HoopsHype.com recently chatted with Sixers star point guard Jrue Holiday about his offseason, the team’s biggest needs, who he believes the best PGs in the game are, and Doug Collins passion for the game, among other things.
It’s no surprise that Jrue recognizes the team needs help in the middle, specifically on the boards:
As of today there are eight players with guaranteed contracts next season. What are the needs for this team?
JH: I think we kind of found our core, we are a
young team. I think that we’ll make some changes… Finding a big man
because we do need more rebound and shot-blocking on the defensive end.
But scoring, I think it’s just a process. We have Evan Turner who is a great scorer, Jodie Meeks is a great scorer too…
Other interesting anecdotes include Jrue’s favorite cheesesteak joint (ugh), the fact his grandmother stayed with him during his rookie season as he adjusted to Philadelphia, and that he looks up to Lou Williams like an older brother.
Check out the whole interview with Jrue Holiday here.
>>Jrue Holiday: ‘we need to find a big man’ [Hoops Hype]
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|willh888 on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Gregg on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|bruiserbrigade on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money