Apr 13, 2011, 6:32 PM EDT
The Orlando Magic are in town to play game No. 81 of the Sixers season. Reports out of South Philly today have Andre Iguodala being held out of the lineup to give his knee some needed rest. Add that to Lou Williams already being out of the lineup with his hamstring injury and you’re left wondering if this is an important litmus test to see how the remaining Sixers stack up against an Eastern power, or just another game that needs to be played before the playoffs start.
The Magic are coming off a tough loss on Sunday against the Bulls when they were without Dwight Howard who was serving a one-game suspension for picking up too many technical fouls. He should be back in the lineup for the Magic tonight, and could give the Sixers’ big men fits.
Doug Collins, as seen below, says the most important thing for his team is getting healthy. After that, they want to get into a good rhythm and execute well heading into the postseason. The Pistons on Wednesday will likely make those two taks a bit easier than Orlando will tonight.
Sitting on 41 victories, a win tonight would guarantee the Sixers a winning record on the season, a feat that would mean a lot to Doug Collins and his club. And something the fans in Philly would certainly appreciate.
Without ‘Dre or Lou playing tonight, I’m leaning meaningless tune up. Just don’t get blown out.
|BenE. on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|Razor or Mase on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|BenE. on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|brandonphilly on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money