Oct 9, 2012, 5:23 PM EDT
Former Philadelphia 76er and Caribbean Cruise passenger Manute Bol may no longer be with us but does have his son to carry on his basketball legacy.
Bol Bol (that is not a typo) is a 6-foot-5 seventh grader who — as evidenced by the video below via WithLeather — can shoot, put the ball on the floor, and obviously tower over pretty much anyone middle school can throw at him in the post.
The through-the-legs-and-then-behind-the-back recovery after losing his handle at the 37-second mark is everything you could ever want from watching a 13 year old ball.
His father spent three seasons with the Sixers from 1990 to 1992. Since he set the mark in his rookie year of 1985-86, no one has matched Bol’s single-season average of 4.96 blocks per game.
If there are luxury cruiseliners in Heaven, they surely all include Manute Bol.
The700Level on Facebook
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money