Dec 7, 2012, 1:31 PM EDT
Jrue Holiday leads your Philadelphia 76ers in points (18.2), assists (9.3), minutes (38.1), field goals made (7.1), field goals attempted (15.6), free throws made (2.9) and free throws attempted (3.8) per game.
He also leads the Sixers in turnovers with 4.1 a night, but balances that out with the team’s best assist-to-turnover ratio (2.3) for any player averaging more than 12 minutes per game.
Jrue Holiday is the Sixers’ MVP. Is he also the league’s MVP?
Via TrueHoop and the folks in ESPN’s stats and info department, Jrue Holiday sits atop the list of the players responsible for highest percentage of their team’s points. The metric is a calculation of the player’s own points and the points generated from his assists. The list of the top six in embedded on the right.
Nos. 1 and 2, Holiday and Rondo,
face off this weekend when the Sixers take on the Celtics in a
Friday-Saturday home-and-home series.
As for the rest of Jrue’s offensive production, TrueHoop has him scoring the basketball on 53.8 percent of his isolation plays. His 1.17 points per isolation play lead the league.
Then there are these two nuggets related to Jrue’s place in history, albeit through just 18 games:
If he keeps up this pace of 18 points and nine assists per game, he would be one of four players since 2000 to have those averages along with Chris Paul, Steve Nash and Deron Williams.
Even though Holiday is leading the NBA in turnovers with more than four per game, the 76ers as a team have the second-lowest turnover percentage (12.6). With a career-high usage rate percentage of 26, the turnovers are expected to be high. At his current averages, Holiday would join Hall of Famers Isiah Thomas (1986-87) and Magic Johnson (1988-89) as the only players with 18 points, nine assists and four turnovers per game for a season.
It’s worth asking again: As of Dec. 7, is Jrue Holiday the Most Valuable Player in the NBA?
See you in the comments.
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money