Oct 31, 2012, 8:07 PM EDT
In a surprise move by the Philadelphia 76ers organization, the team introduced their new mascot at their home opener on Wednesday night from the selection of three they had fans vote on during the 2011-12 season.
Phil E. Moose won in a landslide after Nick took the reins last year and really pushed for the antlers.
Okay, that’s not true. At least the part about the Sixers unveiling a new mascot on Wednesday night. But there was at least one moose in the bulding.
It’s Halloween and friend of the Level Aaron dressed up in a Phil E. Moose costume.
In case you need a refresher as to just who Phil E. Moose is as a person:
From the Phil E. Moose’s bio:
One of the
most regal animals to roam the wild, Phil E. Moose certainly fits that
bill, standing tall as he represents the Sixers (he stands over
seven-feet tall in fact, with the antlers). In his youth, Phil E. Moose
would often be seen dunking a basketball with ease, aided by his great
height. Throughout his high school, collegiate and professional games,
Phil E. Moose was a scoring star, and was excited to learn he had been
“traded” to the 76ers in order to entertain fans during games at the
Wells Fargo Center.
We regret to inform you that we have no information on an actual Sixers mascot.
Photos by Aaron for The700Level
|psudrozz on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money