Dec 20, 2013, 12:13 PM EDT
Philadelphia 76ers legend Julius Erving was a guest on Bill Simmons podcast over at Grantland and it’s pretty damn awesome.
The first nugget that immediately jumps out at you is when Dr. J tells of Moses Malone coming to Philly from Houston and not being prepared for what was in store.
“He comes out after practice,” as Dr. J tells it. “He’s like, ‘Oh, man. Where’s my shit?’ And some of the Philly fans said ‘Welcome to Philly’ and broke into his car and took his dry cleaning. He said, “When I see people walking around Philly with my big collared shirts, I’m going to recognize.’”
“He was looking for his stuff for days,” Erving said. “Welcome to Philly, you’ve got to lock your car up.”
You can listen to Dr. J talk about his greatest dunk below. The whole podcast is worth a listen.
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money