Feb 5, 2014, 11:25 AM EDT
— Tom Finer (@tomfiner) February 5, 2014
It is not a pleasant day in Philadelphia. It’s cold. It’s wet. And now it’s getting icy.
I suppose you could say it’s a perfect day for the Sixers to take on the Boston Celtics as the two lowly Eastern Conference teams are set to battle this evening at the Wells Fargo Center.
In case you wanted an idea of what it looks like down there, here’s a shot from CSN video guy Tom Finer of the ice forming on the Wilt Chamberlain statue down at the arena.
While hundreds of thousands may be without power due to the icy mess, at least the Wilt statue looks pretty dope.
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
|philasopher on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money