Dec 6, 2013, 5:24 PM EDT
Oh boy. The Philadelphia 76ers head out to Charlotte tonight to take on the Bobcats, before heading all the way out to Denver on Saturday. Point guard (and Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month for October, of course) Michael Carter-Williams will be missing at least the first and probably the second of the back-to-back, with knee issues that we already knew about and have been plaguing MCW for much of the last few weeks, especially after Tuesday’s double-OT game against the Magic.
However, Coach Brown used a mildly worrisome word when talking to media about MCW’s issues, as reported by the Inquirer’s Keith Pompey:
— Keith Pompey (@PompeyOnSixers) December 6, 2013
A “little bit of infection”? I’m no medical expert, but it seems like any degree of infection is too much infection. It’s probably not as bad as all that, but I think most of us would probably be very OK with MCW missing the next two games for the Sixers as long as it doesn’t exacerbate the .0000001% chance that he develops gangrene or something and we’re left with a single-kneed starting point guard.
7:00 tip for Bobs-Sixers at Time Warner Cable Arena. Believe it or not, the Sixers will be right back in the playoff race with a win over the 8th-seeded Cats tonight, so adjust your rooting interest accordingly.
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money