May 14, 2012, 10:53 AM EDT
If you grew up a sports fan in the Philadelphia area during the late 90′s, you probably had a pair of your own. For whatever reason, the pair I had were the baby blue colorway, but make no mistake, I got them because of the No. 3 on them. I’m pretty sure they may still be in a box in the garage at my parents’ house. But now I can get a fresh and new pair.
On May 25, Reebok will re-release the original Allen Iverson Question sneakers in the red and white colorway. It will be the first time those kicks hit store shelves in a decade and a half.
Friend of the Level and Slam writer Tzvi Twersky recently had the opportunity to sit down with Allen to talk about the sneakers as well as a whole bunch of other interesting stuff. Like that one time A.I. crossed over Michael Jordan.
Iverson:“Everybody talks about that
one when they first meet me. ‘Man, I still remember the play you shook
Jordan.’ Everybody gonna always remember it because it was Jordan. And,
you know, Mike’s probably been shook before—somebody probably got him
before—but right there, at the top of the key like that, with everybody
watching. That’s the only reason I did it the second time is because I
seen how hard he bit when I wasn’t even doing a move, I was setting a
move up. I said, ‘oh, he’s biting hard.’”
The whole interview is worth a read and updates us on A.I.’s current plans. Yes, he’s still hitting up T.G.I. Friday’s on the reg and plans to play ball in China.
>>“People would go crazy over these shoes” [Slam]
Photos from Slam
I used to love this commercial:
|duffman on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|willh888 on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
|Ben on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return