Apr 24, 2013, 1:21 PM EDT
WE’RE GOING TO HIRE BRIAN SHAW AND RE-SIGN ANDREW BYNUM AND THEN THE LAKERS ARE GOING TO HAVE TO AMNESTY KOBE AND THEN HE’LL WANT TO FINISH HIS CAREER HERE BECAUSE HE WANTED BRIAN SHAW TO COACH THE LAKERS BEFORE MIKE BROWN DID AND THEN WE’LL HAVE BRIAN SHAW AND ANDREW BYNUM AND KOBE BRYANT ON THE SIXERS BUT BASICALLY BE LIKE THE LAKERS BUT STILL BE THE SIXERS AND KOOOOOOOOOOOOOBE.
A report from CBS Sports’ Ken Berger:
In the early stages of the Sixers’ coaching search, two names have risen to the top of the list, sources say: Mike Brown and Brian Shaw.
— Ken Berger (@KBergCBS) April 23, 2013
Just hours after that tweet, Brown, astoundingly, was re-hired in Cleveland, so he’s off the market.
Shaw, you may remember, appeared the successor to Phil Jackson in Los Angeles and was well-liked
by the Lakers’ roster before Mitch Kupchak & Co. decided to
hire Brown, who lasted just over a year and was axed five games into this season.
Shaw has since served as an assistant to Frank Vogel in Indiana and is among a list of potential candidates available to coach the Sixers, ranging from the unsexy (Michael Curry) to the very sexy (the Van Gundys).
Of course, being available and rising to the top of the Sixers’ list does not mean there exists any reciprocal interest on Shaw’s part.
The Sixers’ job is also made a tougher sell by the franchise’s current lack of direction. No coach with name value, who will surely have offers from other franchises, will want with this job without knowing exactly what the hell is going to happen with Andrew Bynum.
Then again, that’s exactly what makes Shaw’s candidacy so interesting.
Assuming he can even play, which remains to be seen, it’s unclear that there will be any way of getting through to Bynum short of money and years.
But there are far worse candidates than Brian Shaw, and far worse directions for this franchise, with or without the the tall kid with the funny hair.
Does either have a legitimate interest in the Sixers? Maybe they’ll talk.
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return