Jun 7, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
A bit of very surprising news from TrueHoop’s Henry Abbott:
by New York-based leveraged buyout specialist Joshua Harris, according
Negotiations are ongoing and a source with knowledge of the talks called a deal “imminent.”
As the article points out, the Sixers were not known to be for sale.
Ed Snider seemed to have a renewed interest in the team this season, sitting court-side for the majority of their home games played at the Wells Fargo Center. What exactly, if anything, would a sale of the team mean to the organization?
Our immediate reaction to hearing our team could be sold to a bunch of guys from New York is not positive. Ed Snider, while certainly a Flyers guy first, has shown a high level of devotion to winning. Also, change is scary.
UPDATE: From CSNPhilly, who got a quote from Peter Luukko: “I can confirm that we are in discussions about the future of the team but these discussions are confidential.”
more as we hear it…
|BenE. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|MikeD on The Secret Service once threat…|
|Jason R. on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
|your a fool on Ghost Report: Murray Impressed…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money