Jun 7, 2011, 11:14 AM EDT
A bit of very surprising news from TrueHoop’s Henry Abbott:
by New York-based leveraged buyout specialist Joshua Harris, according
Negotiations are ongoing and a source with knowledge of the talks called a deal “imminent.”
As the article points out, the Sixers were not known to be for sale.
Ed Snider seemed to have a renewed interest in the team this season, sitting court-side for the majority of their home games played at the Wells Fargo Center. What exactly, if anything, would a sale of the team mean to the organization?
Our immediate reaction to hearing our team could be sold to a bunch of guys from New York is not positive. Ed Snider, while certainly a Flyers guy first, has shown a high level of devotion to winning. Also, change is scary.
UPDATE: From CSNPhilly, who got a quote from Peter Luukko: “I can confirm that we are in discussions about the future of the team but these discussions are confidential.”
more as we hear it…
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return