Sep 21, 2011, 1:03 PM EDT
Let’s look at the facts. The much-hyped pickup game featuring many of the NBA’s brightest stars is set to take place on Sunday night at the Palestra on Penn’s campus. An Eventbrite website is now promoting a Ciroc Vodka party hosted by Sixers’ legend Allen Iverson on Saturday night at Vault Ultra Lounge on N. 2nd Street.
Now, we’ve seen athletes names attached to parties in the past without it being approved by the player, but if this turns out to be legit and A.I. is in Philadelphia this weekend, well, he’d have to play at the Palestra on Sunday night, right?
Intrepid Tweeter and proprietor of TheFightins.com, Meech, asked this very question to the organizer of the Battle for I-95, Rahim Thompson.
Now, Meech seems to assume the “no comment” response means Iverson will show up on Sunday night and show off his aging crossover move, but I’m not as sure. If Iverson is in Philly, I’d expect him to play, but there’s still the chance he’s not in Philly at all this weekend, and if Thompson knows this and gives a “no comment” answer, it creates more of a buzz on the Internet and maybe some gullible websites might even write about it.
But who knows, maybe Allen Iverson plays against LeBron James, Carmelo Anthony, and Kevin Durant on Sunday in West Philly.
That would make for a wild weekend.
UPDATE: The AP’s Dan Gelston passes along info that “Iverson ‘isn’t planning to play’ Sunday, per manger Gary Moore.”
We shall see.
|brandonphilly on Defenseman Signing Day: Flyers…|
|CD on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|NBA lottery is rigge… on Sixers locked into lottery #2…|
|J on CEO Scott O’Neil promise…|
- Ask the Maester: Answers to Your Questions About the Royal Wedding Aftermath (and Other Issues of Great Import) «
- Three Thoughts on Stephen Colbert’s Sudden Ascension to David Letterman’s Late-Night Throne «
- First Phillies game
- Billy Hamilton just scored from third base on a pop fly behind second | HardballTalk
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money