Dec 22, 2012, 10:57 AM EDT
The Sixers ended their 5-game losing streak last night by defeating the Atlanta Hawks 99-80 in South Philadelphia. As any frequent visitor to the Wells Fargo Center is well aware of, the Sixers’ point total is exactly one shy of free Big Macs for all of the fans who attended the game. How do you think said fans reacted to the win, when Evan Turner ran out the clock, not ever attempting a shot to put them into triple digits? By booing of course. They wanted their free meat, damn it.
The above video shows the final play where ET is just dying to deliver for the fans. You can even see him pleading with the fans, smiling, pointing at Doug Collins, seemingly thinking, “but Coach doesn’t want us to run a play to win you free Big Macs! Sorry, guys!”
Alas, after the game Doug Collins rectified the situation by having the PA announcer tell the fans that all the burgers are on Doug’s tab.
Real nice move, Doug. Real nice.
Ha! Doug Collins has the public address announcer tell the crowd Big Macs are on him!
— Dan Gelston (@APgelston) December 22, 2012
|Marianne on Cole Hamels could miss all of…|
|teguhp63 on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|33 on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|sfsu on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return