Dec 12, 2011, 2:43 PM EST
The Sixers posted three of their new television commercials to YouTube earlier today featuring their new tagline, “Passionate. Intense. Proud.” One focuses on the team’s storied history — did you know they have the THIRD most wins in NBA history?!. Another focuses on Doug Collins and the third focuses on the Sixers’ “Youth.”
They’re solid. But I wouldn’t go so far as to say they’re really good. The footage used is real nice, but the voiceover and music combo leaves a bit to be desired. [videos below]
One real noticeable thing about the spots: Elton Brand and Andre Iguodala are nowhere to be found while Evan Turner, Thad Young, Jrue Holiday, and even Lou Williams appear multiple times.
Now, perhaps Elton and Dre are featured in a spot yet to be seen, but if not, the decision to not market their two most expensive and accomplished players is a bit curious.
Or a sign of the direction they plan to go in down the road.
UPDATE: The Sixers’ new CEO and Co-Owner, Adam Aron, left a comment on this post noting that additional commercials featuring Elton and Dre are currently in the works. We certainly appreciate his response, but his thought process on the voiceover and music being anything short of perfect still leaves a bit to be desired in our humble opinion. Yes, we’re whiny. And picky. Bloggers.
That said, it’s nice to see the new guys taking such an active role reaching out to those that care.
We are planning five 76ers commercials, actually. The Brand and Iguodala
TV spots are being edited as we speak. So you should read nothing into
our launching with our first 3 commercials. Need to keep the campaign
fresh after all.
And as for the music and voiceover “leaving a bit to be desired,” you
are already writing about the comemricals and the Sixers — and that one
and all is the reason why one runs advertising in the first place.
CEO and Co-Owner
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return