Dec 10, 2012, 5:40 PM EDT
You may remember the last time the Detroit Pistons traveled to Philadelphia to play the Sixers at the Wells Fargo Center in mid November. It was a painful evening in which the previously win-less Pistons beat the daylights out of the Sixers. It was one of those night’s where you just couldn’t pinpoint what the heck was going on with this team.
We called it “an historically putrid night at the Wells Fargo Center.“
That win helped spark the Pistons a bit and they’ve put together quite a few more wins since that point, six more to be exact.
Hopefully Doug’s squad doesn’t come out flat yet again. You never know with these guys.
Evan’s Improved Three Ball Due to Lack of Practice?
The most interesting story of the day, however, has little to do with tonight’s game but rather the improved longball shooting of one Evan Turner. The Kid ET told Gordie Jones, writing for CSNPhilly.com, that he got better at shooting the three by… not practicing it.
“Not working so hard on it,” he said before scoring 26 points in last
Friday’s 95-94 victory over Boston, including the winning basket with
3.9 seconds left in overtime.
focusing on it,” he said. “That was it. I stopped focusing on it. I
worry about my mid-range [game], my driving and my free throws, and
that’s it. Honestly, I don’t shoot threes before games. I don’t practice
threes anymore.” [...]
To hear him tell it, he did try to work on his three-point shooting over the summer.
he said, “I wasn’t hitting them. After a while you say, ‘Never mind.’ I
just kept working on my mid-range game. I think the more important
thing is just to be in a good rhythm.”
That’s so Evan.
7:00 tip from South Philadelphia. It’s dollar dog night!
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money