Mar 5, 2013, 5:47 PM EDT
Nick Young felt the need for some change yesterday and had his barber do something quite a bit different with his hair — unique even. Swaggy P’s new look was a popular topic of conversation in the locker room prior to the Sixers contest in South Philadelphia with the Boston Celtics on Tuesday night.
Asked what the new ‘do was called, Swaggy got creative.
“It’s the Shaggy P,” he said.
Fellow strange-hair-wearer Spencer Hawes weighed in with a few thoughts of his own.
“It’s the black mullet, the bullet,” Hawes joked.
But is it really a mullet? Bad-hair connoisseur Trey Kerby wrote earlier in the day that it is, in fact, a mullet.
We pushed Swaggy for clarification. Is the Shaggy P. really a mullet?
“Kind of,” he said with a smile.
In related news, Swaggy is out of tonight’s contest with an ankle injury.
photo via Instagram
|psudrozz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|2sentz on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|najwa wahid on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|walt on Ryan Howard suddenly off to on…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money