Mar 12, 2013, 11:13 AM EDT
Spencer Hawes had perhaps his best offense effort of the season last night in the Sixers impressive win over the Brooklyn Nets in South Philadelphia (more on that here). Sure, he struggled defending Brook Lopez, but Spence was looking good with the ball in his hands at the other end of the floor. Following his big offensive outpouring, Spencer broke out the patriotic fashion.
I’d be willing to bet Spencer had that shirt sitting in his locker for weeks, waiting until he had a big game, knowing that when he finally did, the cameras would be on him and he could rock the red, white, and blue.
Teammate Dorrell Wright thought the shirt may have helped his game which you can watch him joke about above.
Reporters even asked Spencer where he got the shirt.
“My closet,” he replied.
Hey, his defense isn’t always nonexistent.
For more on Spencer’s impressive night, check out Andrew’s recap here.
Photo by Mike Preston
— Michael Preston (@preston76) March 12, 2013
|willh888 on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|yishmeister on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|red2gold on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|deja vu on Cole Hamels essentially starte…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return