Aug 12, 2013, 4:06 PM EDT
Spencer Hawes posterizes the competition. Spencer Hawes runs the floor, dribbling through traffic – behind-the-back seamlessly into a crossover – then stops and pops for three. Spencer Hawes hits the turnaround jumper, the fadeaway, and the up-and-under. Spencer Hawes protects the rim, announcing to the world they better get that garbage out of his house. Spencer Hawes is nimble and mean. Spencer Hawes is an outlaw.
No, this is not play-by-play from a dream Spencer Hawes was having last night. His 58 points and 17 rebounds are reality – just not in the NBA.
While the 76ers have been involved in quite possibly the most protracted head coaching search in the history of the league, Hawes has been sharpening his skills in the Seattle Basketball Pro-Am, where he apparently is a five-position superstar per this video that comes to us via ProBasketballTalk. There Hawes is a maniac, hitting nearly 67% of his field goals, getting 22 shots at the charity stripe (I’m guessing more than the Sixers averaged per game all last season), and generally doing whatever he wants. See for yourself.
Per PBT, the Sixers’ center is posting Kevin Durant numbers in the Seattle Pro-Am, as the four-time All Star only dropped 63 on some unsuspecting Pros and Ams. This what Philly fans have been waiting for, Spence. Will the real Spencer Hawes please stand up?
|Andrew Kulp on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|Jim on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|red2gold on Counting Down the Eagles’ Need…|
|findingclues4u on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return