Feb 5, 2013, 12:33 PM EDT
Following last night’s ugly win over the Orlando Magic, Coach Collins said Thad Young would be out “a while” with a hamstring strain. Turns out, after undergoing an MRI this morning, a while looks to be about three weeks.
The Sixers today said Thad has a Grade 1 strain and will miss about three weeks. Aside from Jrue, losing Thad is about as tough a situation as this team will have to deal with.
On the plus side, it could have been worse. A Grade 1 strain is the least severe of the hamstring strain grading, with Grade 2 and Grade 3 being much worse.
In quasi-related news, Andrew Bynum said somewhat cryptically last night that he plans to be be back in the month of February. The Sixers really need that to be sooner rather than later if they want to win some games while Thad is out.
Thad Young has a Grade 1 hamstring strain. Out for three weeks … at least.
— John R. Finger (@jrfingerCSN) February 5, 2013
#Sixers Thad Young undergoes MRI, reviewed by Dr. Jack McPhilemy. MRI confirms left hamstring strain & he will be out for approx. 3 weeks.
— Michael Preston (@preston76) February 5, 2013
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money