Feb 9, 2012, 6:29 PM EDT
After his impressive showing on Monday night against Kobe Bryant and the Lakers, the legend of the fan only known across the Internet as “Old Man Knees” continues to grow. People everywhere (including my dad) were openly wondering “who is that guy with the white beard kneeling at all of the Sixers games?”
CSN’s Amy Fadool caught up with Old Man Knees and helped answer that very question. His name is Alan Horwitz and he’s a lifelong Sixers fan whose fortune made in the student housing business has allowed him to get those sweet, sweet courtside seats that he often opts not to sit in, instead kneeling on the hardwood for a better view of the action.
He’s been a Sixers fan since way back in the Wilt days and has been a season ticket holder for “probably 35 years,” sitting in those amazing bench-area courtiside seats since they were first made available four years ago.
The one question that was not answered: why so kneedy?
|IlliniGlory on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|sfsu on The Phillies plan to ask MLB t…|
|sfsu on Should Ray Emery or Steve Maso…|
|sfsu on Ray Emery will go again for Fl…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money