Apr 7, 2013, 4:21 AM EDT
We’ve been reasonably certain for quite some time that the
76ers would not be playing basketball in the postseason this year, but now it’s
a fact. With Saturday night’s 106-87 loss to the Heat, their playoff hopes were
It’s sort of a shame because the Sixers have looked much
better recently. After one particularly nauseating stretch where they dropped
12 of 13, Philly has since posted an 8-6 record, and had won four of five
before falling to Miami.
Granted nobody would be confusing them for an honest
contender, especially not the way the upper-tier opponents such as the Heat and
LA Clippers routinely steamroll the Sixers. They easily would have snuck into
the postseason though.
Obviously the case can be made – and has been at length – that
the organization will be better off with a lottery pick. Yet smoke and mirrors
aside, last year’s run was still kind of fun. This season will simply fade away
to no fanfare, but instead multiple, unpleasant questions with no good answers.
The Philadelphia 76ers: good luck with that.
>> Heat pull away from 76ers in fourth quarter [Inquirer]
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|Justin on Video: This is what an NFL pla…|
|Kelley jackson on ‘Iverson’ document…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money