Aug 6, 2013, 10:37 AM EDT
Look, you know how it is. You move to a new town, you’re trying to find a place, get settled in at work, meet some new people, your mom — who in this case may be Rhea Hughes — keeps asking when you’re going to meet somebody…
But so far, Sam Hinkie has seemed rather content to host the NBA version of The Bachelor, where he just keeps checking to see if everyone is here for the “right reasons.” Four assistant coaches just got roses for next week’s show.
Yahoo!’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported Monday night that the Sixers are calling back the following candidates for second meetings this week in New York:
Four assistant coaches – Atlanta’s Kenny Atkinson, San Antonio’s Brett Brown, Chicago’s Adrian Griffin and Boston’s Jay Larranaga – are scheduled to meet with, Sixers managing partners Josh Harris and David Blitzer, among other team officials, sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Another assistant coach, Portland’s David Vanterpool, is still a possible candidate to join the group in New York, sources said.
Michael Curry, a holdover on the staff of ex-head coach Doug Collins, is considered a candidate for the job too.
Poor Michel Curry, getting the perpetual “Oh yeah, he’s still a candidate, too! *shifty eyes*” treatment or perhaps the eventual “Hah! We were going to hire him all along, you punks should have listened to Marc Stein!” treatment.
For what it’s worth, PBT seems really into Larranaga — Doc Rivers’ former assistant and the son of University of Miami head coach Jim.
Of course, they once again make the reasonable point that if the Sixers are looking to hire a semi-under-the-radar assistant, and they’re the only ones with a head coaching vacancy, then they have no reason not to take as long as they want in the process.
That said, I think some commenters yesterday were trying to resurrect Frank Sinatra and get him to take the job, which, frankly, we should all be on board with, especially after the team went out and hired those in-arena lighting consultants.
Plus, when they get down 40 next season, and Kwame’s about to come in off the bench, we just hand Ol’ Blue Eyes a microphone right in the middle of the game and…
Now that, Adam Aron, is how you improve the in-game experience.
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
|twine time on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|THOM on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money