Jan 25, 2012, 1:01 PM EDT
John Hollinger released some updated playoff odds based on his own power rankings today that are pretty intriguing for Sixers fans. Yeah, we’ve watched this team all season and see how they can beat the crap out of piss poor teams like the Wizards, and they can hang with solid teams like the Denver Nugets, but in the back of our mind we all don’t think they’re quite ready to contend for an NBA title just yet. Right?
Well, maybe not. At least according to Hollinger’s odds. His calculations have the odds of the Sixers making the playoffs at 100% (!), winning the division at 98.8% (!), making it to the NBA Finals at 26% (!), and winning it all at 17.8% (!).
Only one team in the NBA, the Chicago Bulls, have better odds than the Sixers. We want to invite John Hollinger over for beers. Maybe he’ll bring some of whatever his computer system is smoking.
Still, this Sixers team is legit if you haven’t picked up on that by now. And Doug Collins? Computers loooove Doug Collins.
|db21 on Safety First: Eagles agree to…|
|BS Bully on Ryan Howard Needs Surgery for…|
|Franchise on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
|ochospantalones on One national writer thinks Eag…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return