Nov 4, 2013, 9:20 PM EDT
The street saying goes that the king stay the king. But that doesn’t seem to be the case this evening as the reigning NBA Power Ranking Champions of Week 1 got slapped around by the Golden State Warriors on their home hardwood.
Former Sixer Andre Iguodala is leading the way and drained a ridiculous six three pointers IN THE FIRST HALF. He made six three pointers in a single game only once in his eight years spent in Philadelphia. He went on to set a career high for threes made in a single game in the second half. Go figure.
After looking like he’d for sure set a career scoring high, Iguodala went on to finish the game with 32 points on 7-11 shooting from beyond the arc with 3 boards, 3 assists, and 3 steals. The game being out of hand in the third quarter got him a seat on the bench instead of a career scoring high. His Warriors won by a cool 20 points. It was not as close as the score indicated.
But it was the alley oop from behind half court from Steph Curry to Dre that was worth the highlight reel. And how about the NBA being on top of their Instagram game? Nicely done, NBA digital content producers.
YouTube via PBT.
And check out the sick behind-the-back pass Dre pulled off. That’s impressive.
|wholesale Senior Bow… on ‘Who’s That Guy?…|
|clubberlangphila on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money