Aug 14, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
After the shocking draft day trade of Jrue Holiday a few weeks back, the Philadelphia 76ers were left with only one of the Holiday brothers on the roster. As of today, there are no more Holidays in Philly.
According to the Inquirer, the Sixers waived Justin Holiday today.
The Justin of the Holidays appeared in just nine games with the Sixers last season and averaged 4.7 points per game in just a shade under 16 minutes per game. The move to bring him in made for some easy City of Brotherly Love puns but that was about it.
According to Pro Basketball Talk, had Justin remained on the roster through the 15th of August they would have had to guarantee him something like $50,000.
|Phil From Mt Airy on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|fknboz on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Andrew M on Nerlens Noel played 4-on-4 tod…|
|Mostel on Patrick Chung’s reign of…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return