Dec 4, 2013, 10:03 AM EST
1. The Sixers won 126-125 in double overtime, slipping a couple spots in the tanking rankings. Considering the Sixers’ only two wins in their last ten games were against the Bucks and Magic, with both teams missing several crucial players to injury, they’re pretty forgivable victories.
2. Michael Carter-Williams had his first triple-double as a pro, with 27 points, a career-high twelve rebounds, and ten assists. He’s also currently leading the league with his 3.1 steals a game, and had an even three last night.
3. Magic point-ish guard Victor Oladipo, fellow first-year player and perhaps MCW’s greatest competition for Rookie of the Year honors, also had his first career triple double, with 26 points, ten rebounds and ten assists.
4. Magic power forward Glen “Big Baby” Davis had a career-high 33 points, and also tied a career-high in three-pointers made with 1, on this really just incredibly unlikely game-tying triple near the end of regulation:
5. Magic shooting guard Arron Afflalo also had a career-high with 43 points, including three free throws to tie the game at the end of overtime on a silly call on Evan Turner behind the arc.
6. Evan himself filled up the box score in several ways good and bad, with 24 points on 7-16 shooting and 10-13 from the line–his 13 FTAs tying the career-high he set about a month earlier in another double-OT game in Cleveland–to go with six rebounds and five assists, but also eight turnovers, and six personal fouls, a career high for Evan in TOVs and only the third time in his career he’s ever fouled out.
7. Spencer Hawes, team-leader in rebounds playing a Magic team without rebounding machine (and former-Sixer) Nik Vucevic, somehow only managed one rebound through three quarters and seven through 40 minutes and double-OT. He did add another three triples to his season tally, as did Thaddeus Young, who continued his streak of solid play with 25 and 12 in this one.
8. Somehow, the Sixers won a game in which all the miraculousness seemed to be on the other side.
Don’t know quite how to feel about all this. Weird game.
|kirk on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Tito Santantana Offt… on Allen Iverson in latest Reebok…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|Chutley on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return