Dec 21, 2012, 10:22 AM EST
The world did not end today. (Yet.)
But the Sixers’ season still tinkers on the brink of being blown into the great void, to be forgotten like a speeding asteroid that juuust misses earth.
Andrew Bynum had his knee examined on Thursday and the team will address the media this evening to discuss how the big man is doing.
This is it, kids.
5-game losing streaks? Who cares about those if the Andrew Bynum news is positive.
I’m nervous already.
Sixers say GM Tony DiLeo will be available at 5:30pm tonight to discuss Andrew Bynum’s visit with Dr. Altchek.
— Christopher A. Vito (@ChrisVito) December 21, 2012
UPDATE: Many responses on Twitter seem to speculate that if the news was good, the Sixers would simply release it immediately instead of hold it until 5:30 pm on the Friday before Christmas. I’m not that big of a conspiracy theorist. But I suppose it’s possible. What say you?
Sixers 5:30 Presser: “Hey guys, glad the world’s not over, happy friday, bynum’s dead, oh look it’s lou williams, want some donuts?”
— Michael Levin (@Michael_Levin) December 21, 2012
|bt on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
|charlie d on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Jayson Stark on Larry Bowa, th…|
|dawkisgod on Matchday: Eagles linemen get y…|
- New clips reveal Outkast’s Andre 3000 as Jimi Hendrix in All Is By My Side’
- Crumbling and stumbling: L&I says it doesn't know how many buildings have collapsed in Philly
- ▶ PhillyTawk: The Phluphian Dialect - YouTube
- San Francisco Mint Says Rare 1800s Gold Coins Have No Link To Thefts « CBS San Francisco
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return