Aug 1, 2013, 4:05 PM EDT
The New Orleans Hornets are no more. Introducing, the New Orleans M-Fing Pelicans! (Note: M-F’ing not actually part of their official name.)
The Pelicans on Thursday unveiled their new uniforms for the 2013 season. That’s Jrue there on the right. You remember him.
Fly? Pelicans? See what I did there? Yup.
As for what will happen to the “Hornets” name, the Bobcats will be re-christening themselves in time for the 2014-15 season, in a same name-same city-different franchise scenario not unlike what just happened with Atlanta, Winnipeg and the Jets. Those Bring Back the Buzz guys undoubtedly remain over the moon.
On a related note, the Sixers still don’t have a coach, and it still doesn’t matter.
Tankapalooza 2014: The Search for a New Andrew! (We’re work-shopping these. Leave suggestions.)
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
|sumkat on Flyers essentially swap Andrej…|
|Jim Anderson on Marlon Byrd claims Phillies ar…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return