Nov 18, 2013, 11:09 AM EDT
“What kind of party is it, Kenny?”
“Oh, it’s a block party, Chuck.”
“And who’s invited, Kenny?”
“Oh, the Sixers are invited, Chuck.”
The Philadelphia 76ers played the New Orleans Pelicans in the Big Easy on Saturday, and the results were not good. The Sixers let up a season-high 135 points to the Pellies–only the Clippers have scored more in a game this season–while failing to break 100 on their own side of the scoreboard for just the fourth time this season. The -37-point margin was easily the Sixers’ worst of the season, and the biggest loss the Sixers have suffered since going down 121-76 to the Bulls in December 2010.
In case you missed the game, it mostly looked like this:
Yes, that’s 16 blocks on the night for the Pelicans. That’s the most notched by a Sixers opponents since the Cavs swatted 17 against the Ballers back in 2003, LeBron’s rookie season. (Chris Mihm had six of ‘em.) Evan Turner, Thaddeus Young and Tony Wroten were all victimized four times on Saturday night, while Spencer Hawes, James Anderson, Hollis Thompson and Daniel Orton all made cameos at the party as well.
Gentlemen, grab your helmets. Tankadelphia is back in motion.
|galasso2586 on What happens on April 4th,…|
|eaglegreen on Mosher: DeSean Jackson’s…|
|ochospantalones on The Sixers lost obviously but…|
|Hiccup on Phillies announce ‘R U G…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return