Jul 9, 2013, 11:54 AM EDT
Scott O’Neil was introduced as the new CEO of the Philadelphia 76ers yesterday and made a pit stop with Michael B. and Gonzo on Philly Sports Talk Live to get his feet wet. O’Neil told a story about his days working with the Eagles back in the Bobby Hoying era and wearing a suit up into the 700 level on one of his first days on the job.
“I’d never been to Veterans Stadium,” O’Neil says. “My first game I show up in a suit. I’m a man of the people, I get out there. Everybody says ‘The 700 Level, you don’t want to go up there.’ So I went up there, in a suit, and I’ll never go back. I had to look up some of the words they were calling me.”
A humbling experience indeed.
And here’s a tip to O’Neil: go ask the guy you’re replacing just how much Philly fans have changed over the years. Still ruthless ’round these parts.
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money