Dec 9, 2013, 1:16 PM EDT
I once wrote that there’s “not a lot of swag in being quietly efficient.”
I stand by that — and so does Nick Young.
Yes, Kobe Bryant played his first game back from an Achilles injury last night, but the return of a five-time NBA champion and a future Hall of Famer was overshadowed by this glorious shot attempt from Swaggy P.
There were plenty of options, but it was hard to resist the caption here:
The Lakers lost to the Raptors, 106-94. Young led the Lakers with a team-high 19 points on 7 for 16 shooting.
Now seems like a good time to revisit this paragraph from a 2012 Deadspin piece entitled, NBA Shit List: Nick Young, Who Is The Devil:
What is Nick Young trying to do? Watching him, you’re reminded of an overindulged 13-year-old kid who, while his rec league teammates try to win a basketball game, works on his Michael Jordan imitation, utterly impervious to any meaning that his glowering teammates, his apoplectic coach, or his 0-for-28 box-score line might be shrieking into his face. Double-clutch reverse layup (brick); turnaround fadeaway (brick); tongue-wagging free-throw-line takeoff (brick). Lost in his imagination. All walled-off self-consciousness, basketball as solo performance art, fantasy day camp, masturbation.
>>Hilarious: Watch Nick Young crash his toboggan while riding the Great Wall of China [editor's choice]
>>Video: All You Needed to Know About Nick Young’s Shot Selection
>>Deadspin Calls Nick Young the Basketball ‘Devil’
>>A Swaggy Love Story, Chapter 4: Wherein Nick Young Loves Philly Back, Starring Malik Rose
>>Video: Nick Young Posterizes Larry Sanders with Nasty Slam
|willh888 on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|yishmeister on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|red2gold on New Eagles linebacker was Aber…|
|deja vu on Cole Hamels essentially starte…|
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- Shawn Andrews accuses Donovan McNabb of mistreatment, says he requested a trade
- Apparently, Darren Daulton had to stop Mitch Williams from 'attacking' Lenny Dykstra on Saturday
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money
- Eagles #FlyEaglesFly team release another awesome video featuring DeSean's miracle return