Why was a chiseled Dr. J topless and wearing a sombrero with John Havlicek (maybe in Mexico in the 70s)?
Oct 3, 2013, 2:22 PM EDT
— adam figman (@afigman) October 3, 2013
The Internet is often both a blessing and a curse. For instance, it provided our Twitter timeline with this amazing photo of a shirtless and chiseled Julius Erving wearing a sombrero and maybe having some sort of cigarette lit by Celtics’ great John Havlicek, which is amazing. Adam Figman, the basketball writer that tweeted it also placed the photo in Mexico in 1977. Also amazing.
The Internet is a curse because after
hours minutes of Googling and asking everyone on my instant messaging list where the photo is from or why the duo were hanging out together sans shirts, I’ve got nothing. The best I got was this Google Image search telling me the image once appeared on a Chinese message board and that it resembles the style of this photo of an elephant.
So what do you people know about it? Help us out.
|bgp on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|mattybo24 on Exit Interviews: Evaluating th…|
|thekrisheim on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
|Marvin Monroe on Dan Carcillo gives Flyers fans…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money