Mar 2, 2012, 10:33 PM EDT
Well, however the 76ers finish the 2011-’12 season, we know two things
about them fairly authoritatively: They are better than the Detroit
Pistons, and they are better than the Golden State Warriors. The Sixers
continuing their trouncing-the-little-guy ways tonight, pulling away
from the Warriors in the fourth quarter and ending up with a 105-83
victory in The Battle of Wilt. The Sixers stay three games up on the
Celtics and move to three-and-a-half in front of the dormant Knicks.
The diminuitive combo guards on both teams were on display tonight.
Golden State’s Monta Ellis and our Lou Williams are two players who
frequently draw comparisons to another, fleet-of-foot scorers with range
and a distinct lack of conscience, and though I forever believe Ellis
to be the far superior player—I saw him make at least two, maybe three
moves tonight that I’ve never even seen Lou attempt—they ended up about
equals tonight, Ellis lighting the Sixers up early but cooling off with
the Sixers quickly switching Andre Iguodala to him on D, and Williams
coming alive in the fourth, hitting a couple threes on consecutive
possessions to ensure that the rout was on. Monta ended with 20, Lou
with 25—needed seven less shots to do it, too.
And yeah, the Liberty Ballers got to 100 for the first time in 20 games.
I’ve made my distaste for this team’s Big Mac promotion clear on many
separate occasions, but on Wilt Chamberlain night, when obviously the
number “100″ was on everyone’s mind, it was hard to begrudge the fans
their excitement when ‘Dre hit an iso jumper to put the team into
triple-digits with a couple minutes left in the fourth. We’re sure that
Wilt is dining gleefully in the Great McDonald’s in the Sky tonight.
Much more important game coming on Sunday against the Bulls, but for
now, happy Wilt Chamberlain anniversary, happy blowout win on national
TV, happy 30-point fourth quarter. Happy happy happy.
|yishmeister on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
|コーチ アウトレット 正規品 on A Comprehensive Guide to the B…|
|puckstopper27 on Nick Young throws out Phillies…|
|sfsu on Snapshots: Flyers draw even in…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money