Dec 10, 2012, 12:52 PM EDT
The Boston Celtics were in town on Friday night to take on your Philadelphia 76ers. It was a wildly entertaining affair (Evan Turner!). Most in attendance enjoyed themselves quite a bit. But one grumpy grumperson was feeling all scroodgey, namely Celtics’ big man Chris Wilcox who was shown on the kiss cam and reacted in inappropriate fashion.
For those unfamiliar, the Sixers show a kiss cam on the jumbotron at one point during every home game. To end the segment, a cameraman always pans the opposing team’s bench to see if he can get a reaction out of the visiting team.
Sometimes they play right along, such as Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe in the video above, or like Kevin Love did last week when he basically humped his teammate.
And then there’s Chris Wilcox’s move. Instead of giving the Philly crowd a giggle, he flipped the camera off — the old bird if you will.
He was later fined $25,000 for his actions. That sucks for him.
Also, this YouTube user has like 15 videos of other team’s reactions in Philly. Nice little archive.
>>Celtics’ Wilcox fined for ‘obscene gesture’ [CSN Boston]
|Renee on Steve Mason will start Game 4…|
|Renee on At least Evan Turner didn…|
|Jim on Debating the Sixers’ 201…|
|Marvin Monroe on 2014 Philadelphia Eagles sched…|
- DeSean Jackson releases statement, denies any gang ties
- Swaggy uPdates: Nick Young gets in a hold-me-back fight, has sneakers stolen, and celebrates a missed 3
- Watch: The most Nick Young shot attempt in the history of Nick Young shot attempts
- Happy Black Friday: Evan Turner will pay you $500 for a $229 TV
- St. Joe's Ron Roberts is in the dunk contest tonight; we collected his most awesome YouTube clips
- Just 6 days to kickoff: Video to get ready for Union opener, some "kit" talk, and #USMNT shirts
- Maurice Edu has yet to play in Philly, yet he's already cooler (and nerdier) than you #throughglass
- Man hits ridiculous halfcourt shot during West Chester U. halftime contest, but won't get his $10,000
- This outlandish Penn State-themed Christmas light display is going to cost a lot of money